OK, so I am currently in Buenos Aires and it is a much different city that which is found in the United States. As I mentioned before, the traffic/driving is amazing yet complicated (we will be driving later, so wish us luck). I am constantly surprised that we are still alive after the number of the times it seems like we were going to be crushed or even bumped from all sides. Just to show you some of it, I took a short video:
Ok, so you can't really see the crazy traffic in this video (I had a better one, but it is too big). But let me assure you that it is real!!
Not only has the traffic been an barrier, but the language has been also. I think most of us have experienced not understanding someone when they were out and about, even if it the person was not talking directly to them. This trip I have found myself in this exact situation. My Italian has helped my out quite a bit as it is also a Latin language. However, in attempting to respond to what I think I understood, I am not having as much luck. Although I attempt to drop or add a vowel to the word or even change my accent, it is still not Spanish. But, all in all, I am at least glad that I understand some things.
Simple
8 years ago
3 comments:
look at you all over the world. have a great time. I'm picturing you with a map and figuring out the city exactly. :)
I so loved Buenos Aires - soak it up for me!
Great to read about the conditions of driving, You guys be careful I exspect a safe return, What do you think should we move there? Yes we still live in the greatest country ever. inspite of our troubles. loved the movie clip
Love Mom
Post a Comment