Monday, June 9, 2008

San Diego Wild Animal Park

Isn't it amazing that you can find wild animals right in "your" own backyard. When trying to find the best way to explain to you how and where I found my lion's, I was given the following words that would best explain my entire experience: Best day of my life. All my dreams came true. Well, most of my dreams did come true...I got out of doing work and I got to spend time with my family. While we didn't get to feed the lorakeets - apparently they weren't ready to eat - my afternoon at the San Diego Wild Animal Park was a treat. Dustin, Whitney, Cade all joined me in taking a few hours out of the busy Memorial Day Weekend (if you don't believe me check out their blog), to enjoy all the cute, smelly animals found at the park.
We found some animals that were very entertaining and a lot of fun to observe. I got these little darlings right before we left the park...they are so cute don't ya think!?! I love the dance segment in the middle. They remind me of Timon from the Lion King movie.

And some are not so darling...ugh! Anyone who thought that Pumba in real life was cute is totally off their rocker!!
Thanks to the beautiful cloudy California afternoon, we were able to enjoy most everything without melting in the sun. Of course, we also got to share this with loads of other people who were all there enjoying the same thing. But the park is big enough that it wasn't too bad.
Maybe next time you all come to California, we can go together! McKenna...Josh...are you with me!!

4 comments:

Shawn said...

I love the pics however not to many were of you I want some more pics of you. what do you say is it a deal. although seeing animals are always fun. my favorite animals to see are the exotic ones

DB said...

Yeah, that was a lot of fun, and the perfect day for it to boot! We'll have to hit up the zoo next time - it's great in the summer with those oceanic breezes.

Amy said...

Lets forget the zoo and hit the beach!!!

wadsquad said...

What, you didn't think that crazy looking worthog wasn't cute? Me neither. Thank goodness for animations of ugly animals. Fun times so it looks like. Next time you are willing to get out of work give me a call you can come see us and Hogle Zoo anytime.