OK, time for a new quiz. Extra points to the person who can tell me specifically: where this place is located geographically, what this place is called and what it is used for today. Good luck!
It's obviously the Duomo in Milan, right??? I'm going to guess that it is a Gothic cathedral and the second largest Roman Catholic cathedral in the world, but have you made it that simple???
Hmmm, this one is a bit more difficult. I can see the flying buttresses, which urges me to discuss the topic more thoroughly before answering. Though employed by the Romans and in early Romanesque work, it was generally masked by other constructions or hidden under a roof, but in the 12th century it was recognized as rational construction and emphasized by the decorative accentuation of its features, as in the cathedrals of Chartres, Le Mans, Paris, Beauvais, Reims, etc. I guess Bath England. Yeah, I have no idea.
well . . .i can tell you where it is not! That's definitely not in Kansas or Kenya or Kuwait. And I can't be quite sure, but, I'm guessing that they don't use it for sumo wrestling or quilting bees or the annual international gluten-free meetings. Do those answers count? heh. (probably doesn't help much that the stimulating background music is Sesame Street:)
OK, so my first guess before further inspection was Westminster Palace in London, England. But, I realize now that it is not that. I agree with bjc, it's the Duomo in Milan.
"The Duomo di Milano is one of the most famous buildings in Europe. It is a particularly large and elaborate Gothic cathedral on the main square in the city center of Milan, Italy. It is also the second largest Roman Catholic cathedral in the world."--taken from sacred-destinations.com
IL Duomo, I just have to say I knew this before reading anyone elses comment. Used as a cathedral and a tourist attraction. This cathedral is amazing in person, the architecture is amazing inside and out. I loved being able to walk out of the underground subway into this huge square and their it is standing right in front of you. WOW!! When I was their it was under construction. But still amazing.
Of course I'm the last one to guess on the one I actually know- this would would have been way more impressive a week ago, but I'm going to go with the duomo in Milan. Oh wait... Cade's telling me he thinks it's the Cinderella castle at Disneyland- he's usually right so we'll go with his guess.
If you didn't already know, I am a sports enthusiast, from football, softball, tennis, cricket, rugby, to all Olympic sports (except the horse and pole jumping part).
9 comments:
It's obviously the Duomo in Milan, right??? I'm going to guess that it is a Gothic cathedral and the second largest Roman Catholic cathedral in the world, but have you made it that simple???
Oh, and here's the address and phone number, just in case.
Address: Piazza del Duomo, Milan, Italy, 20123
Phone: +39 (02) 86463456
Hmmm, this one is a bit more difficult. I can see the flying buttresses, which urges me to discuss the topic more thoroughly before answering. Though employed by the Romans and in early Romanesque work, it was generally masked by other constructions or hidden under a roof, but in the 12th century it was recognized as rational construction and emphasized by the decorative accentuation of its features, as in the cathedrals of Chartres, Le Mans, Paris, Beauvais, Reims, etc. I guess Bath England. Yeah, I have no idea.
well . . .i can tell you where it is not! That's definitely not in Kansas or Kenya or Kuwait. And I can't be quite sure, but, I'm guessing that they don't use it for sumo wrestling or quilting bees or the annual international gluten-free meetings.
Do those answers count? heh. (probably doesn't help much that the stimulating background music is Sesame Street:)
I don't know. Can you do a easy one just for me? I not too smart!!!!!!!
OK, so my first guess before further inspection was Westminster Palace in London, England. But, I realize now that it is not that. I agree with bjc, it's the Duomo in Milan.
"The Duomo di Milano is one of the most famous buildings in Europe. It is a particularly large and elaborate Gothic cathedral on the main square in the city center of Milan, Italy. It is also the second largest Roman Catholic cathedral in the world."--taken from sacred-destinations.com
IL Duomo, I just have to say I knew this before reading anyone elses comment. Used as a cathedral and a tourist attraction. This cathedral is amazing in person, the architecture is amazing inside and out. I loved being able to walk out of the underground subway into this huge square and their it is standing right in front of you. WOW!! When I was their it was under construction. But still amazing.
Of course I'm the last one to guess on the one I actually know- this would would have been way more impressive a week ago, but I'm going to go with the duomo in Milan. Oh wait... Cade's telling me he thinks it's the Cinderella castle at Disneyland- he's usually right so we'll go with his guess.
Ok... and the answer is?
Post a Comment