3 – I really enjoy floating down the Snake River in a canoe or a raft. OK, I particularly love doing it in a raft because it takes twice as long and I have more time to enjoy the sun and scenery. My favorite part so far is Box Canyon because of the rapids and rocks that you have to dodge (or risk getting a hole in the raft). Although one can’t really float down the river in the park, I figure it should count since the Snake River does runs through the park.
4 – I have the worst geyser luck on the planet. The first time I went to see Old Faithful it was dark, so I only heard it. The second time I went to see Old Faithful, I missed it by two minutes and was told that I would have to stick around for another 90+ minutes before it would go off again. The third time I went, it went off as we were getting out of the car and I only saw it from a distance. If only I could see Old Faithful go off as often as I see warnings signs about buffalo goring's. *Sigh*
5 - My favorite time of day to go into the park is in the early morning - mainly because everything is just waking up (including people so it is less crowded). If you haven't had a chance to go to the park, I definitely suggest that you to find some time and take the drive. You never know, you might be surprised at who you end up following.

8 comments:
Very interesting! I had no idea of any of those things! I've only been there once, but loved it! I'd like to go back someday with the fam--let me know when you are going again, maybe we can make it a trip!
That sounds so fun! I havent had the chance to go there in my adult life, but i could really imagine what you were seeing. Thanks for the fun Blog. Were up for going on that trip too!
Is this the answer to your last "where is bergit?" If it is I am so awesome, I knew from the moment I saw it-go me! You sure offer a new perspective on yellowstone, you have offered me the opportunity to formulate a new opinion. Also, I think Dave would love those blood and gore stories "when animals attack" etc. Maybe we could borrow one. Eh?
wadsquad - Yes, this is the answer to the last "Where is Bergit." What is your current opinion of the park? Sure you can borrow one of the books...come on over.
I'm so jealous! I've never been to Yellowstone and I've always wanted to. How many times have you been? my gosh, it seems like a lot! By the way- even though the "5 things you may not know about me in yellowstone" was very clever, it doesn't get you out of writing 5 things IN GENERAL we don't know about you! We'll help you brainstorm when you come visit this weekend...we're excited!!!
Are you coming yet?
Taht was a wonderful post! I'm so sad you haven't seen good old faithful! It is way way cool! Next time. Shawn and are would be up to going to Yellowstone some time. I think we'll take the truck so we're bigger then the bufflo. Good idea?
Unfortunately, I am not sure even your truck would be bigger than some of the buffalo...just make sure you don't have anything tasty in the back. :}
Post a Comment