Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Twelve Apostles


Rachel, well done! The site is the 12 Apostles which is found on the Great Ocean Road in Victoria, Australia. You can actually only see 6 of the 12 apostles from the cliffs but if you fly over the water (Kids don't try this at home) you can see more of them.

It was actually a fluke that we found the place from the beginning. The whole trip I had really wanted to do something that I had never done before. Makes sense right? Well as I was reading my Australia travel book, I saw something about taking a helicopter ride to see some rock formations. Perfect…or so it could have been. So I helped convince everyone that we needed to drive from Melbourne out to the Great Ocean Road (a few hours away) so that we could take in all the sites and so I could take my very first helicopter ride. Well as luck would turn out (or maybe because we were following Mildred’s directions—more on that later) we missed the last helicopter ride of the day by only 5 minutes! I was so bummed!! However, I was able to take some amazing pictures (and yes I do have some with me in them) so the drive down wasn’t a total loss. I guess it just gives me an excuse to go back!

2 comments:

DB said...

I knew it! Ok, so I was the second post, but either way looks like so much fun. When are you taking me?

wadsquad said...

Okay, so I want to hear this story in person! Sounds fun and it also sounds so like you to convince those with you through, clever coniving, do just what you want. You clever cat! Growwll!