Sunday, August 7, 2011

Blogging again...we will see.

So...I am going on another trip across the world and it has been suggested to me that I blog about it rather than pretend to send emails. I am not anticipating anyone following faithfully, but I am going to try to blog at least every other day.

So, in just a few short days, I will be traveling to India!


I have to be honest and tell you that going to India has never been in my top 5 or top 10 travel destinations. But, in my quest to travel to every country possible, when the opportunity came to travel to India, I just couldn't say no. (Sorry, New Zealand...I promise to still come see you!)

I also have two other reasons for going. One, my good friend asked me to go (little did I know in the beginning that this meant be her travel guide). Two, I cannot pass up the opportunity to see the Taj Mahal. I have also wanted to see a place where the cow is worshiped...and can paint.


I have many work friends that are from India so I have been warned multiple times about the higher priced items for tourists, the need to drink bottled water and the fact that I am going to India during monsoon season (at least I like a good rain storm right?).

So, I put it to you...any advice? What do I need to remember to pack? What do I need to bring back?

3 comments:

Cali said...

Well, I for one am happy to hear of your adventures! Good luck--I know nothing about India so share as much as you can! miss you, sorella.

BJC said...

ask Brad. he was there last fall.

DB said...

Bring money to buy me gifts. That's a no-brainer.