Well, three planes, 4 airports and 24 hours later, I made it to India! American and British, Cowboys and Cunucks (Get it....Dallas airport, Ontario airport, London airport) all led me to where I am today...Chennai, India!

Dallas has some fun transportation, and after sitting at the front of the tram for a bit, it made me feel like I was driving...or on a collision course into the walls since there was no steering wheel.

Going around the world seemed to lead to many naps on benches, floors and airplane seats. Brandie caught a break on our final flight (since it was not full), and was able to lounge across 3 airplane chairs for some much needed rest. I on the other hand only had 2 (I know, better than one), but that was enough to keep me comfortable and allowed me to sleep most of the last 9 hour flight.

Upon arrival in Chennai. we crossed our fingers that our luggage would turn up (which it did), and proceeded to go through several bag and person checks just to get out of the airport...where we meet our hotel driver. But at the hotel had to go through the exact same thing...sheesh!!
Our final miracle for the night (since we arrive at the hotel at 4:00 AM) was the hotel manager allowing us to check in early with no extra charge. The shower and bed never felt so good! Tomorrow, it is off to church and a little site seeing! Stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment