Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Planting a Garden

So....I want to plant a garden in my side yard. The spot gets plenty of sunshine and will be watered by the sprinkler (so that shouldn't be an issue). Does anyone know where I should start?

Is it too late to plant carrots, tomatoes, beans, peppers and squash? Do I have to buy fertilizer/top soil before I plant them or can I just plant away? Please share any knowledge...

3 comments:

DB said...

Awesome awesome! You are not too late at all - in Utah, they don't usually start planting until about Mother's day. Here's the key we've learned in all our trial gardens = soil is key, so make sure to put a lot of good soil and mulch and make sure you get plenty of sunshine. Keep us posted...and we'll see you Monday night?

Krista said...

three words, square foot gardening (google it) and no you aren't too late at all. Have fun. It will tell you the soil etc

wadsquad said...

So fun. Are you going to do a salsa garden? Don't plant too close. If you do tomatoes, make sure to buy tomatoe cages or stake them up, otherwise your tomatoes end up all over the ground and bugs eat them.