Incident #1
Bad News: I have to move out of my house and my office by the 31st of October (Happy Halloween?!?).
Worse News: My new office will not have be a cubical, have walls or any privacy.

Worst News: I will be sharing my new office with 40 other people and managements says we will be in these conditions for at least 6 months.
Good News: My new house is actually relatively new as opposed to the 'older' home I have been in.
Better News: In my new digs I will have a second floor window that looks onto a beautiful pond/golf course.
Best News: NO MORE CREEPY CRAWLY BUGS!
Incident #2
Bad News: I woke up very early in the morning (6ish is early for me) and realized that I had not packed up enough of my house in boxes for my move.

Worse News: As I began packing and taking items out to the trash, I locked myself out of my house.
Worst News: I had no phone, no keys, no shoes, no roommate, I was in my PJ’s and I don’t know my neighbors or have any important phones numbers memorized to people who could actually assist me should I find a phone.
Good News: I was able to jimmy the sliding glass door open in the back of the house, but only a foot wide and my hips just wouldn’t fit. But hey, should I find a small child or a cat that could fetch I would be on my way.
Better News: I was finally able to pry a screen off of one of the back windows (where the previous owners had used duct tape all around the screen) and open the window to get back into the house.
Best News: I was able to pack enough boxes (before the truck came the next morning) and I was not late for work.
Incident #3
Bad News: I will now be working more that 10 miles away from where I live, which will result in at least a 20 minute commute and I will have to fight California rush hour traffic on the freeway.
Worse News: After moving a car load full of items to my new house alone, my car decided not to start or even turn over as I twisted the key.

Worst News: No one would answer my call when I tried to get help (forget Triple A), and when I finally got a hold of a new neighbor who volunteered to help, the car would no take a jump.
Good News: After waiting more than an hour and finally getting a hold of some friends, we were able to get my car started (thank goodness the jump finally took since I didn't know how I was going to get home or to work the next day).
Better News: Although the next morning my car still would not start again, I was able to get another friend to give it a jump and I was able to take it to the shop for a diagnostic test.
Best News: All I needed was a new battery and my car was back in business.
I hope someone gets a laugh out of my misery, However, I am ready for it to stop! I am ready for my vacation!!
6 comments:
Oh my. You're right. You need a vacation. Come to Utah. We'll get some pizza and gelato (poor substitutes compared to Italy, but still better than your "incidents").
Bad, worse, worst, good, better,
wow what a week, You coud always call home for help. Although can't promise we are not on vacation.
Glad that all things turn out for good
Love Mom
Wowzer amy! UTAH UTAH UTAH UTAH UTAH. Come visit me in UTAH. We will have loads of fun and i'll drive and hold the keys you wont have any problems. Cant wait for thanksgiving.
Poor thing - at least you found the silver lining in it all. You know, living in San Diego would allow us to help save you once in a while. Have fun on your vacation, I'm jealous!
I third the motion of coming to Utah! Although, I am not there right now, but I will be there at Thanksgiving! We should have a chat! Anyway, sorry about the crappy week, hey it's Friday, the weeks almost over! Better luck will come your way next week, I can feel it!
Love ya
Okay, so I am thinking you are not out of the zone, because for every bad thing you have a good thing. Sorry, you may still have to endure the crap of life. Sorry sis to break the bad news to you! Hang in there!
Post a Comment