Monday, August 15, 2011

Rising Star Campus

This morning we all congregated together and headed out in the Rising Star vans to the place where we will be staying for the next two weeks. In the van I was right under the air conditioning...which means I didn't feel much air, but I did get a steady stream of water flowing down my back.
One of the best parts of the day came later that afternoon when a thunder and lightening show lit up the sky and cooled the place down. Most of the girls could not stand to stay out of the rain, and most everyone ended up soaked.
If you weren't soaked by playing in the rain, you were on the tour where we went to see the kids. In order to get to them, we had to walk across campus.
They were really happy to see us...and our camera's. They all seemed to know how to use one.
After play time, we were able to go back later that night to specific families to help out with homework and just talk to the kids.
Besides, the kids we have all sorts of things to look forward to tomorrow...frogs in the toilets, squatters, bucket showers, rats in the garbage cans, crazy high temperatures and hopefully more rain. Good times!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures look fun -- what a great experience you are having! Enjoy the currey for us -- mom and dad

Alissa said...

Wow! The heat doesn't seem fun at all. I would have guessed the down pour would have been welcomed. Thumbs up to frogs and squatters. Yelch!

Shanell said...

I'm so glad that i checked your blog! how flippin fun, even though you never really wanted to go... i did, so have fun for me. i loved reading this entry and the previous 2. i'll keep reading so keep up the good work. love you

Anonymous said...

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!